- Writing Down the Bones and Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg.
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.
- Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury.
- Writing the Natural Way by Gabriel Rico (my very first writing book, given to me by my mother).
- Starting From Scratch by Rita Mae Brown.
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron.
- "Why I Write", essay by George Orwell, author of 1984.
- Jean Craighead George, author of Julie of the Wolves, a young adult book.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Writers on Writing
I'm interested in why and how other people write. Check out these resources for ideas on writer's block, allowing yourself to write badly and other struggles in writing and living.